Monday, April 12, 2010

The cobbler's children have no shoes...

and my computer is broken.  It has been on it's way out for a while and with the all the garbage going on at Derrick's work we are SO not buying a new one right now.  But I have been able to check email and things on the lovely laptop from Derrick's mom (Thank you, thank you!) but it will be a while until I'm back in pictures as I can't access them from here.  Having a computer geek for a husband does you no good for your broken down beast of a computer when he's traveling half of the time.  Anyway, that's my lame-o excuse for not posting for awhile.  I hate posting with no pictures, but I guess sometimes it can't be helped.

In other news Rebecca's ear infection finally went away last week!  Hurray! She'd had it since January y'all.  No sleeping around here for a long time.  We finally got referred to the ENT and had just finished the 5th (or 6th I can't remember anymore) round of antibiotics.  He said if it happens again she'll have to get tubes, so hopefully it doesn't come to that.  Since she is finally infection free she moved into the girlie room with Madeleine on Saturday.  She is not quite loving it yet, but we a re so happy to be sleeping at night again!

In other kid news...Samuel is finally really talking!  So much less frustration (and yelling) on both our parts!  I registered Madeleine for kindergarten,  Taylor has almost earned his bear badge in cub scouts and Joshua is obsessed with Percy Jackson (which is impressive since he hasn't even seen the movie yet!) and has read his Lightning Thief book several times.   

I got a new calling at church last month to be a primary teacher.  I haven't done that since I was 18 years old an fresh out of high school so I was a little nervous.  It is an all girl class though so it really feels just like a mini Young Women's.  And I am fine with that :)

Derrick's company is hoping to get bought out in the next few months, things have been CRAZY at work.  I'm just glad he's going to be home for two weeks in a row for awhile.

Now, I think I'll go to bed and enjoy not having Rebecca kick me half the night.

2 comments:

Hearts and Hands for Nepal said...

ah...so sorry about the computer. I'm glad the ear infection is history and hope it stays that way. I can't believe it took them that long to refer you to an ENT. That is nuts! I commiserate with the uncertainty of where a husband is depending on the work situation...that stinks!

Wendy said...

That is ironic that you're without a computer!

Crazy times at work, but just so glad they're gainfully employed, esp. with so many out of work during this recession.