Monday, June 16, 2008

Fun in Nashville, now with pictures!


We went to Tennessee to see Derrick's family and the kids had loads of fun! They ate and drank all the sugar they could consume without going into insulin shock and made out like bandits at the toy store. Derrick and I each got to read a book over the weekend, which almost NEVER happens. Yeah! I read "The Chosen" by Chaim Potok, and Derrick read the first book in the "Bourne" series.


Taylor takes aim...



Princess and her castle




Swashbuckling Joshua

5 comments:

Wendy said...

I didn't know they were in Nashville--cool! I've never visited that city. What books did you get to read? Reading an entire book?!?! Thank goodness for grandparents.

Elizabeth said...

I think that Samuel looks like Joshua the most, from that top picture. Very cute kids!

Eve said...

I love the acuteness of Fathers and that Derrick saved a potential "skewering" of Samuel. That was nice of him. I want him and Adam to hang out more, ha ha ;)

Kenney Crew said...

Love the pictures. I'm glad you were able to enjoy some time away and even read a little. Ry is potty training and is doing really well, but is on sugar shock from all the smarties he gets. Sugar Detox is always a fun experience with children...good luck with that.

Teresa said...

Sounds like a great trip for all of you. Who would have thought, pre-children days, that having an opportunity to read a book over the weekend would be such a big deal! I'm glad you had a good time!