Tuesday, September 30, 2008

We Moved!

Yes, we are still alive. Things have been so hectic since we moved last month that I haven't even been able to keep up with email.

We celebrated Madeleine's third birthday at my Mom's house two days before we closed on our house in San Antonio. Madeleine got her first haircut, more Barbies than she knew what to do with and her very own Barbie car. Her matching barbie and dress up dress were so well loved that she even wore the tiara to pick the boys up from school! She loved her "My Little Pony" books and I have read them so many times I almost have them memorized.

Everything finally pulled together and we got our new house on our tenth wedding anniversary. What a gift! We moved in two days later with the help of our fabulous new ward.

We got the stomach flu (me and the kids anyway) four days later and it hit me hard. I got it first and was over it last. I lost ten pounds. A very unpleasant way to shed weight! I was out of action for over a week and am just now getting back to normal.

Joshua had his sixth birthday the first week of school. He got to give his class treats to celebrate and thought that was great!.. H has played Lego Indiana Jones at every opportunity and is clashing with his 'build your own light saber' kit nearly all the time.

We have had guests twice already when my family had to evacuate from their homes because of hurricanes in the Gulf of Mexico. Bad for them, but we enjoyed the company!

Samuel celebrated his first birthday. He REALLY enjoyed the frosting. He got maracas from Oma and a xylophone from us. He was pleased as punch and would have been happy with just the cake and ice cream :)

The kids are enjoying their new digs. The parachuting pig flies over the Bannister down to the first floor on a regular basis. They love "Mom's bathtub" and the pool and playground in walking distance. They are less than thrilled about walking to and from school each day (1/2 mile each way) but they are getting accustomed to it. Sidewalks are great! Now I just need to get a double jogging stroller and I'll have it made!

We have been hard at work fixing things on our TX home (installing ceiling fans, working on the dried up yard, unpacking), and so blogging has been a low priority...sorry! I'll try to post some moving pictures when Derrick figures out where he put them or when I can find the cord for my camera! Isn't moving fun? :)

4 comments:

Hansen's blog said...

So good to get an update! We miss you all tremendously, but it sounds like you are happy and it was a good move for you. Wow, walking to school, what would that be like? Sounds like a dream...

Jessica G. said...

So good to hear from you, to know that everything is going well. Missed ya!

Wendy said...

Hi Caroline! I'm SO SO glad you're alive. Debi Maletich and I were just talking about you, wondering how you are. I really miss you! The ward is not the same. I wish we could have had a big send off for your family, but it all happened so fast. Hope you come back for a visit!

Interesting entry above. Hmmmmm, should I tell Paul and Justin?!?!

Your neighborhood sounds awesome. I'm so jealous that your kids can actually walk to school. What a blessing. You know that'd never happen here.

Good luck getting settled in. Glad you're feeling better. Come stay with us any time!

Stephanie Johnson said...

Sorry to hear that you got so sick. But glad you're better now. I don't know how you managed to celebrate 3 birthdays with your move. Someday, I want to go to Sea World so you may get guests again -- if you're up to it. :)

Take Care!