Thursday, April 16, 2009

Behind the times...

I guess I am behind the times. I have refused to get on Facebook because I figured it would be one more useless thing to take up my time. Tonight while checking my email, I accidently got sucked onto a Facebook searchpage. I thought I'd look someone up, just for fun, cause I knew that if I didn't do Facebook, this person wouldn't. Wrong. I punched every person I could think of and there were not more than a handfull that didn't come up. Crazy! So am I the only person left in the world who refuses to be on Facebook?

9 comments:

Hearts and Hands for Nepal said...

I gave up and signed up for an accountee 2 weeks ago. I forget the exact reasons why...but it was a culmination of things.

Absorbs my time now...really does.

BUT I have reconnected with a lot of old friends.

Trent said...

Trent and I both got facebook in August I think. Mom and I were just talking about it and I told her she wouldn't think it was that cool...but it seriously sucks you in. I probably get on facebook at least 5 times a day. Sad. But true.

Trent said...

Oops, that was me, Elizabeth. :)

Stephanie Johnson said...

I'm with you, Caroline. I'd decided to stick with blogging.

Wendy said...

I love Facebook. I play Scrabble with Justin and my aunts on it daily, and I've reconnected with so many old friends. It's also great to get the word out quickly for playdates in the ward. If you give in and sign up, you'll find your whole Newnan ward waiting to be your friend. It really is fun. And you don't have to get absorbed in it.

Justin said...

Derrick needs to join, too, so he can track down all his old mission buds.

Heather Crozier said...

I love facebook. Get on there. :) Wendy is right,the whole Newnan Ward is on there. Haha.

Eve said...

And you really don't have to do a whole lot of searching- it does it for you, you just "Add as a Friend".

Nicole said...

You're probably the only one, but honestly I never look at mine, so I doubt it will suck up all your time.