I have less than 10 weeks until my due date and I am feeling the pressure. The nesting is getting pretty bad around here. I feel a major push to get everything in order before this baby comes. We've been painting, building shelves, painting, and organizing like crazy around here. I will post some pictures when Derrick takes them off the camera, because I'm just too lazy :)
I have washed baby clothes (discovering that the girls need a bigger dresser because three drawers will not hold all of two spoiled little girls' clothes) burp rags, blankets and am putting together my hospital bag. I have made three frozen dinners and two loaves of bread to freeze and plan to do many more.
My visiting teachers came and helped me organize the mess that was the boys' room. And the girls' room will be there soon (organized, not a mess!).
Well, Saturday our neighborhood had their garage sale as well as five other neighborhoods within a couple of miles of us. I'm pretty new to this whole garage sale thing, but I was pretty excited at all the cheap stuff I got. I should have taken a picture, but was too pooped after all that shopping. I got:
a cork board the right size to fit in my frame for the "library"
a lei and grass skirt
a small basket to use as a cute trash can in the loft
a pink bumbo chair for the baby
two porch lights to replace ours that are pretty but don't work very well
a floor lamp
3 wooden crates for kiddo art supplies
a swimming life jacket thing for Madeleine
and two pillows to fluff up the couch in the living room
all for $21! Yeah for bargaining!
There were a few more things I didn't get, and wish I had. But, I've learned for next time :)
Hopefully I'll be able to find more great deals before garage sale season is over around here!
I also got two light fixtures for the upstairs bathrooms (for $5 and $3) at the Habitat Home Store this week. That was a fun home improvement place to shop!
Our seedlings that the kids planted are coming up (mostly and some of them will be ready to be transplanted next week.
And Taylor should earn his wolf badge in cub scouts this month.
Lots of fun around here!
Sunday, May 3, 2009
Nesting and Great Garage Sale Saturday
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
Happy nesting! You found a lot of fun deals. We actually did our first garage sale yesterday -- it was a lot of work. I was remembering when you did your sale in our drive way. I was so happy to get things cleaned out--especially our basement. Between our garage sale and selling our exercise stuff on Craigs List, we reached our family goal and made enough for a Wii. My kids were thrilled. They did a bake sale too.
Very cool, I always want to go yard sale hopping, but I always forget to, ha ha.
Sounds like fun! I wish I was there to shop garage sales with you! Or, I wish my apartment was big enough to fit another single thing in...I keep coming across cheap or FREE stuff, but we literally have NOWHERE to fit a single new thing...Not to mention we'll be moving in two months and we may be putting everything in storage for a while anyway.... I hope not. Love ya!
By the way, I'm very impressed with how much stuff you got for so little money!
Post a Comment