Aren't they sweet? They wouldn't do anything bad would they?
I guess I was lulled into a false sense of security by all the people who have told us how good our kids are. Don't laugh, it's true! We have strangers coming up to us everywhere we go complimenting us on our "beautiful" and "well behaved" children.
Behold the ruins of the once white carpet upstairs.
When I walked upstairs I sat down, yelled for Derrick and started to cry.
That, my friends, is a practically full Sam's size canister of chocolate milk powder, a full can of baby formula (that we just got for mixing in Rebecca's baby cereal because she's so tiny) a full box of baby cereal, and a gallon bucket of whole wheat flour. With water poured over top for good measure. I have cleaned for two days and I'm still finding more. What you can't see in these pictures is that the mess extends all the way from the stairs to the bathroom sink and to both children's beds. Who needs nuclear warheads? With Madeleine as the evil villain and Samuel gladly taking orders, these two could level a small country in less than half an hour (the time it takes me to get a shower).
Someday, I'm sure I'll look back on this and laugh, but I think it's gonna be a LONG time.





5 comments:
oh no! I feel so sorry for you....
BUT, at least you know if they ever had to fend for themselves they could. This means these kiddos could definitely figure out a way to fill their tummies.
I'm afraid I would have to cough up the $45 (although it might be more where you live) to have the carpet steam cleaned professionally.
I my . . . I have no words for that.
Are your kids still living?!?!
Send us after pics!
Oh my. I needed that. I was laughing so hard. That is priceless.
I would cry too. Probably for days. It makes me feel better about my messy toy room.
Ready for new carpet upstairs? Actually maybe it's better to just wait it out until the kids grow up!
Wow, that looks like arts and crafts day gone bad!! Sort of a food themed colage. The creativity.. I hope they are both still living.
Post a Comment