Happy birthday to me! For a few more minutes anyway. It was a mostly fun day (I have a cold, and so do Rebecca and Samuel). I'll try to add pictures if I ever get the energy :)
Mom and David came for the weekend and we had lots of fun. Mom, took my kids shopping in the morning and then David took them to see "Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs" in the afternoon while Mom, Elizabeth and I (and my siamese twin Rebecca) went out to lunch and then shoe shopping. It was way fun. Then we went back and Timothy and family came over and we had dinner and the beautiful and tasty cheesecake Elizabeth made for dessert. The best part of all this is it was a suprise! I loved it!
Today I woke up grumpy from the cold and Rebecca not sleeping last night, but cheered up when Derrick took me to lunch. We went to Wendy's so I could get a bacon cheeseburger and a frosty. Then we had pizza for dinner and german chocolate cake and bluebell vanilla bean ice cream. Yeah!
I got some presents! I can't wait to hit hobby lobby in my beautiful jackets from Derrick's family and Love the napkin rings and beautiful napkins as well. I got the movie Notting Hill, a mini muffin pan (that I've been wanting), a heart shape silicone cupcake pan (also wanting), lindt chocolates, peppermint taffy, cream soda, flowers and a spa gift certificate from Derrick and the kids. Elizabeth made me a beautiful necklace that will have my kids initials on it, and Timothy and Nicole gave me some yummy chocolate (has anyone noticed the chocolate theme here?). Mom got me two pairs of super cute shoes(red and purple ballet flats), and an electric staplegun/nailer. She also let the kids each pick out something when she took them shopping. Joshua got me this watering globe he has wanted to get me for a while (he was SO excited about it!), Madeleine and Rebecca got me a cute rabbit figurine (with two bunnies for two girls) and staples for the staplegun from Taylor and Samuel.
It looks like 32 will be a great year!
**Edited to add: Mom is right (see comments), I forgot all about the vanilla candle from Samuel! Shows you how tired I've been. He goes and smells it every time he goes into my room. :)








6 comments:
I thought of you yesterday. I really did! So glad you had a nice birthday!
Happy Birthday Caroline!! It sounds like so much fun...chocolate, shoes..out to lunch. What more could a girl ask for??
Samuel actually got you a candle that he picked out himself!
It's February! The month of love, which means CAROLINE'S birthday! I remember when I was 11 and you turned 12 and went into young women's...I cried! I even wrote this long journal entry about how much I would miss you. July couldn't come fast enough. It seemed so traumatic at the time...like I would never catch up and be with my friend again.
Happy Birthday!
Caroline!!!! I have been looking for you forever. I got the address to your blog from Wendy Hill. So good to see you are doing well. We need to keep in touch. My email is mckenziecr4@gmail.com
Oh I am Rachael McKenzie by the way and I don't have a blog so I have no idea how this works.
Post a Comment