"Mom, I know this thing must be cool because it lights up,plays music and you try to keep it to yourself."
or
"Mom, you need to upgrade to touchscreen. This keyboard thing is so passe'."
"Swing me higher Mom!"
So, not much going on this week, but thought I would share a few random bits of our family's life...
We got rid of our cable this week. No more Playhouse Disney (Little Einsteins!) or John & Kate Plus Eight or Food Network (Good Eats and Ace of Cakes) or HGTV (Designed to Sell) or SCi Fi Channel (Stargate). We just couldn't justify the expense any longer. Man, we're cheap :)
I sold two pieces of furniture on Craiglist this week. I was inspired by Laura's $uccess. Now I am looking around my house to see what else I can sell/get rid of.
We emptied out the storage unit, hence the sale of the furniture, and Derrick is quite happy to have our LARGE dining table back again.
The kids finally filled their reward jar, so it looks like there is camping trip in our immediate future.
And we think that the shower in our Master bathroom is finally fixed, so we can put the wall back together now.
All in all, a fairly productive week :)


6 comments:
We didn't have cable until we moved into this apartment where it's free. We watch a lot of Playhouse Disney and OPB... I'm sure too much. Please update in a couple of weeks to tell us how the transition has been from cable to no cable. This is probably something I should do. That, and hide my laptop.
Congratus on your Craigslist sale, and "good job!" to your kids for making it possible for a family camping trip. Have fun!
I would love to see more pictures of your house, since I've never been there. Are you really thinking about SA?
You're a better woman than me...I don't think that we could handle life without playhouse Disney and Nick Jr. Good luck with that!
We haven't been camping in forever. Can I start a reward jar for myself? :)
Nicole,
I'll take pictures as I get things cleaned up :) I am in the middle of re-doing all the pictures. The whole house. Crazy, I know.
We would love to move to SA. But we have to sell this house before we can think 'seriously' about anywhere else. Derrick is going a little stir crazy since we have lived here twice as long as he has lived anywhere else in his life ;)
So what does "SA" stand for? I'm a big fan of selling things on Craigslist. I've sold a fridge, microwave, stove, car, fireplace mantel, and more. It's fun to do. But make sure that you're safe when strangers are coming to your house. I always make them wait outside or I have a friend come over first.
I'm glad you had a productive week. Thanks for wishing me a happy birthday.
Post a Comment