Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Purple People Eater


Here is Samuel during a bout of thrush in January (while I was ignoring the blog). His treatment was something called Gentian Violet, it's an anti-infective like iodine but purple, hence the purple mouth. And in case you were wondering, anything the purple touched was purple for days...or forever. Like my brand new sheets. Luckily bleach *mostly* got it out.

5 comments:

Stephanie Johnson said...

It looks like your flowers got the dye on them too! And the wallpaper border. I hope he's doing better now. I never knew before how thrush was treated!

Elizabeth said...

Sorry, but that picture is hilarious...I think the purple mouth combined with the big wide eyes is what does it...how cute.

Teresa said...

I hope the thrush didn't give YOU any trouble. Sounds miserable. Poor guy. What a fun(ny) picture, though. :-)

Caroline said...

It didn't bother me at all...and he was fine too...he just didn't like the taste of the medicine and would try to spritz it out every time we gave it to him, hence the purple sheets. We have a few purple polka dotted towels now too :)

Jessica G. said...

I feel your pain, sister...literally! The Boy had a bout of thrush and was given the same stuff. I never did get a good picture of his purple mouth but we did consider letting him audition for a rock band.